16 Easy Exercises
Do you find it difficult to fit in your little black dress? Does your belly fat prevent you from falling asleep some nights? If you answer yes, you have to introduce some changes in your lifestyle to get the figure of your dreams. Without a doubt, belly fat is aesthetically unpleasant. In fact, abdominal fat can assume serious proportions and affect long-term health if measures are not taken at the right time.
In these situations, diet, and exercise go hand in hand. If you think that only the diet will burn abdominal fat, you are wrong. If you want to lose weight, you should include one hour of exercise in your daily routine to focus on that area and reduce abdominal fat. Next, we have compiled a list of 16 exercises that will help you lose belly fat faster than you thought:
16 Exercises That Can Help You Reduce Belly Fat Quickly
Nothing burns belly fat faster than abdominals, which occupy the number one position in fat burning exercises in the stomach area. Now is the time to start doing this exercise.
How to do the exercise
- Lie on a mat with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the ground at a 90-degree angle (see image).
- Raise your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed over your chest.
- Inhale deeply, and exhale as you take off the upper torso of the floor.
- Inhale again as you are lower and exhale when you go up.
- Do this exercise 10 times to get started.
- Do another two or three repetitions.
Abdominal crossed with dumbbells, pressed shoulders and lateral abdominal, butterfly abs.
While doing crunches, instead of bending all the back you have to lift it a few inches off the ground. Doing this will ensure that you do not damage your back.
Also, do not shake your head forward while doing sit-ups. This will put stress on your neck and cause pain. Hold your hands on your head and perform the exercise.
Tip: when you lift your torso, you do not feel straight. Your back should form an angle of 30-40 degrees with the ground. Only then will you feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
2. Abdominals with twist
Once you get used to the routine abs, modify the essential contraction to get a more effective belly exercise.
How to do the exercise
- Lie flat on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Bend the knees as you would in the basic abdominals, keeping your feet on the ground.
- You have to lift the upper part of the torso while performing the abdominal. However, in the abdominal with a twist, you have to turn the right shoulder to the left, keeping the left side of your torso flat on the floor.
- Alternatively, raise your left shoulder to the right side, keeping the right side of your torso on the ground.
- Repeat 10 times.
3. Lateral abs
How to do the exercise
It is the same as the exercise of twist abs. The only difference is that you must tilt your legs to the same side along with your shoulders. The lateral abdominals are centered on the muscles of the sides.
Make sure to keep your movements stable and slow. The middle section of the abdominal, being a complex area, could hurt if you make turns in a hurry.
4. Reverse abdominal
It’s time to do reverse crunches. This is another great exercise to reduce belly fat.
How to do the exercise
It is similar to the exercise of twist abs. All you have to do is tilt your legs back with your shoulders. The lateral abdominals are centered on the muscles of the sides.
Keep your back straight while you perform this exercise, since arching it can hurt you and, in some cases, even cause injuries.
Do you want to lose weight quickly? Click here for more information
5. Abdominal with the leg in vertical
How to do the exercise
- Lie on the floor, or on the mat, with your legs extended up (towards the ceiling) and one knee crossed over the other.
- Now that you have positioned your body correctly do the same thing that you would have done in the case of the primary abdominals. That is, inhale and lift the upper part of your body from the floor to the pelvis.
- Breathe slowly. As you go down, breathe again, and exhale as you go up.
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions and up to three series.
Start by doing just a few repetitions of this exercise, as it can make you feel sore if you exceed it at the beginning.
Read more: 7 Interval Workouts That Burn Fat Quickly
6. The bicycle
No, you do not need a bicycle to do this exercise. Are you thinking about how you could do it? Well, I’ll tell you right away.
How to do the exercise
- Lie flat on the floor and keep your hands on your sides or behind your head as you do on your simple abs.
- Lift both legs off the floor and bend them at the knees.
- Bring the right knee to the chest, keeping the left leg stretched.
- Now, move your right leg away and bring your left leg closer to your chest.
- Keep doing this as if you were riding a bicycle.
7. Trickle with turn
This is an exercise for beginners who want to reduce fat in the stomach area quickly.
How to do the exercise
- Stand with your legs spread at the hips. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Raise both hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the floor.
- Trigger-forward as shown in the image. Take a sizable step forward with your right leg and sit as if you were in a chair so that your knees form a 90-degree angle with the ground. The left leg should be placed backward, held by the toes.
- The spine must stay straight. Do not bend the spine forward.
- Turn your torso (only the torso, and not the legs) to the right and then to the left.
- Repeat 15 times.
8. Lateral pushups
The lateral flexes train the muscles of the abdomen, hip and lower back.
How to do the exercise
- Stand on the floor with your knees and elbows resting on the floor.
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward.
- Lift the knees and rest your legs on the toes.
- Contract your knees and keep breathing normally.
- This is the lateral flexion. Stay in this pose for 30 seconds.
Now, start the movement up and down for 30 seconds. This is the lateral flexion exercise.
- Lie on the floor on your side.
- Hold with your right elbow and right leg. Your elbow should be perpendicular to the shoulder, and the left leg should be on the right leg, keeping them together.
- Keep your knees straight. Your hips should not touch the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds. Once you feel comfortable, you can hold the posture for a minute or two.
- Repeat with the other side.
While you are in this position, you can also raise your leg and lower it again. This makes the exercise more effective because it works not only the abdominals but also the thighs and hips.
Knees, flexes with elbows on the floor, inverse push-ups.
Push-ups are a strenuous exercise, and you may want to hold your breath as you perform them. But do not do that, because you can have nausea or dizziness.
Read more: The 5 Best Types Of Yoga To Lose Weight
9. Aspirate the stomach
Stomach aspirate exercises are low-impact exercises that put more emphasis on breathing instead of increasing the heart rate.
How to do the exercise
This exercise is similar to what we call the cat’s stretching posture. It is also known as the stomach emptying of four transverse points. Follow these steps mentioned below to do this exercise and reduce belly fat:
- Stand on the floor on all fours, supporting your body on your hands and knees.
- Inhale deeply and relax your abdomen.
- When exhaling, tighten the muscles of the abdomen.
- Hold this position for 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat the process.
Another type of stomach aspiration exercise is the elevator. It is done like this:
- Sit in a chair. Imagine that your stomach is an elevator that moves up.
- Now inhale deeply using only your nose and think you are on the first floor.
- Breathe through the mouth and simultaneously push your belly towards the spine, imagining that you are climbing to the fifth floor.
- Breathe fast five more times, squeezing your abs every time you exhale.
- Repeat the same thing five more times.
You can try withstanding pelvic inclinations. This exercise is another form of stomach aspiration exercises.
- Stand with your legs apart at your hips and bend your knees slightly.
- Inhale deeply through your nose and pull your belly inwards, towards your spine, and at the same time, move your hips forward.
- Do five to six series.
Aspirated stomach is sitting, functional stomach emptying.
If you have a heart or lung condition, it is best to avoid carrying out this exercise.
This exercise should be done only on an empty stomach. Otherwise, it could cause indigestion.
People are crazy about these diet pills. Click here for more details!
10. The captain’s chair
You will need to perform this exercise is a chair.
How to do this exercise
- Sit in the chair with your spine straight, and your shoulders relaxed.
- Keep both hands at your sides with the palms of your hands next to your hips, looking down.
- Inhale deeply.
- As you exhale, raise both legs up so that your knees are close to your chest. Hold the posture for five seconds. Do not lean forward and arch your back.
- Slowly lower your legs and repeat.
Lift your knee in the air, lift your leg while lying down
11. Flex from side to side
This is another perfect exercise to reduce fat in the stomach area.
How to perform this exercise
- Stand with your feet together and keep your hands at your sides.
- Keep your legs on the floor, bend your body to the right as much as possible until you feel the tension in the left part of your waist. When doing so, make sure that your right hand is on the right hip and that the left hand is lifted up. Stay in that position for 15 seconds.
- Return to the original position.
- Now bend to the left and hold the position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly, you can increase the posture maintenance time to 30 seconds
Read more: The 10 Best Exercises to Lose Weight
Cardio Exercises To Reduce Abdominal Fat
Cardio exercise is one of the most effective ways to burn calories and eliminate the love handles of your body. Cardiovascular exercises are immensely useful in reducing abdominal fat. Doing cardio workouts on a regular basis will offer other health benefits, such as stress reduction, increased lung capacity, better sleep quality and a sense of general well-being.
One of the main cardio exercises to reduce abdominal fat is to walk. Surprised? Do you think it’s too simple to be useful? Well, then you should know that walking is an excellent and effective way to burn that ugly stomach fat. In fact, it is an excellent fat burner for your entire body. If you follow a healthy diet along with a steady pace walk of 30-45 minutes for at least four to five days a week, you will witness a gradual decrease in your weight.
This low impact exercise increases your metabolism and heart rate. A higher metabolic rate will burn calories at a faster rate, which helps eliminate the accumulated fat around your abdomen. In fact, walking decreases the risk of injury and is considered proper training for beginners.
You must prevent your body from getting used to any fixed exercise routine. Therefore, you can change occasionally. Try running from time to time. It is an effective way to keep your heart rate high, burn calories and lose abdominal fat.
If you do not like to run, try jogging. Several studies suggest that jogging is more effective in breaking down unwanted fat compared to lifting weights. This is a form of aerobic exercise that is extremely useful in fighting obesity and staying fit.
This is another effective cardio exercise that will help you eliminate abdominal fat by burning calories. Make sure your heart rate goes up while you’re on the bike.
With swimming, you get all the benefits of cardio from losing weight to toning your body. And all at the same time! Strokes must be fast and strenuous to help you burn more calories. You can start swimming once or twice a week.
And here we have a video that shows the 5 best exercises on this list!
Follow these simple and practical exercises to reduce belly fat. You can do most of these exercises at home quickly without the help of any personal trainers. All you need is determination and a lot of resistance. Reducing stomach fat is no longer a distant dream!
Other Ways to Reduce Stomach / Abdominal Fat
1. Eat well
Reduce abdominal fat is based, in 80%, on eating the right foods. You have to eat a healthy and balanced diet with enough macro and micronutrients. The most important thing is to eliminate take-out meals and fast food from the diet. Eat prepared food at home. Do you not have time? Then, lean over raw fruits or vegetables, or steamed vegetables.
2. Drink water
Many people get confused if they are thirsty, tired or hungry and end up nibbling on sugary or fatty foods. Always carry a bottle of water and make sure you sip water all day long. People need to drink six to eight glasses of water, although this depends on each one’s weight and lifestyle. Calculate well, and make sure you consume enough water.
Read more: The 5 Best Types of Yoga to Lose Weight
3. Do intensity exercises
According to recent studies, instead of training for hours or running a few miles, doing short and intense workouts is very useful to reduce stubborn fat. For example, if you walk on a treadmill, increase the speed randomly for a few seconds and walk again.
4. Say no to sugar
Sugar is one of the things that you should reduce a lot, and even eliminate from your daily diet. There are many hidden sources of sugar, so it’s a good idea to cut your intake. Use alternatives such as honey, palm sugar, and licorice extract.
5. Reduce sodium consumption
Of course, you have to add salt to your meals. Instead of sodium salt, you can consider the use of potassium, lemon and sea salts. Also, adding some herbs and spices such as pepper helps reduce the need for salt.
6. Increase vitamin C intake
Vitamin C is essential for the secretion of carnitine, a compound that helps the body convert fat into energy. Also, it also helps block cortisol, a hormone secreted by the body under stress. An increase in cortisol levels is the main reason for abdominal fat.
7. Include fat-burning foods in your diet
There are many natural ways to reduce fat. Garlic, onion, ginger, cayenne pepper, cabbage, tomato and spices such as cinnamon and mustard are some of the foods that lower fat. Consuming a few cloves of raw garlic and a bit of ginger each morning is good for fat metabolism.
Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice and honey in the morning is a popular option to lose weight. Similarly, there are many other ways to include fat burning foods in your diet.
8. Include healthy fats in your diet
In trying to eliminate bad cholesterol, the addition of good cholesterol can be useful. Avocados, olives, coconut, and nuts are some of the good sources of cholesterol.
9. Do not skip breakfast
Many people think that skipping breakfast helps you lose weight quickly. On the contrary, skipping breakfast is a big mistake. Increases are swelling and push your body to starvation mode, the key to abdominal fat gain.
Recent studies reveal that consuming smaller and frequent meals is the key to maintaining a healthy metabolic rate, which is vital for weight control. Therefore, reduce the size of your meals and make up for it by eating healthy snacks. You might think about eating dried fruits and nuts, raw vegetables or fruits and steamed vegetables.
10. Sleep well
Do you wonder why we are talking about the dream here? Good sleep is vital to control the weight. We all need six to eight hours of sleep. According to a recent study, sleeping too much or lack of sleep can lead to weight gain.
Now that you know the different types of exercises and other methods to reduce abdominal fat let’s see what factors cause it.
Why Do You Have Abdominal Fat?
A certain amount of abdominal fat is healthy, as it helps cushion bones and organs and provides protection. But excess fat in this area of the body can become a cause for concern. But do not worry, you can eliminate any fat by exercising and following a strict low-carb diet. There are some reasons for the appearance of abdominal fat in adolescents and adults.
Scientists have discovered that the amount of fat cells that develops depends entirely on the genes. If your parents or grandparents had an excess of abdominal fat, you could also go through the same thing. Yes, it is true that genetics is a determining factor in how fat is distributed.
Humans can have a body structure in the shape of an apple or pear. The accumulation of fat occurs differently in each person and depends on the structure of the body. For those whose bodies are pear-shaped, fat tends to accumulate in the lower part of the body, as in the buttocks.
Those whose bodies are in the shape of an apple tend to store fat around the middle section of the body, which results in the accumulation of fat around the abdomen. You should know that there are two types of abdominal fat: the visceral, which accumulates around the abdominal organs, and the subcutaneous, which occurs between the skin and the abdominal wall.
2. Weak metabolism
According to Mayo Clinic reports, the body’s metabolism slows down with age, and this causes belly fat. Women are more likely to develop abdominal fat than men. Weak metabolism is another reason behind this accumulation of fats.
You should have noticed that some of your friends eat a lot of sugar-based foods, fried foods or cold drinks and yet they have a flat stomach. The reason behind it is that they have a very high metabolic rate. If your metabolism is not right, you can have a bloated stomach. Thyroid conditions, diabetes, and other medical conditions may be the reasons for a slow metabolism.
3. Hormonal changes
You may have heard the term “midlife spread.” This means that, as women progress towards their mature years, the proportion of body fat increases compared to body weight. During menopause, when estrogen levels decrease and the number of androgens or male hormones increases, there is an increased risk of waist fat accumulation. Hormones really regulate the concentration of fat in the body, and your figure depends entirely on that!
4. Stress and hypertension
Stress increases cortisol levels in the blood and leads to the accumulation of fat in the body.
Women who have diabetes, breast cancer, sleep apnea, colorectal cancer, cardiovascular disease and hypertension, thrombosis and metabolic syndrome tend to have accumulations of fat in the abdomen.
6. Muscle flaccidity
If the muscles around your abdominal area are flaccid, this could result in a thick belly. All you need to do is tone your tummy to get a thinner waist.
7. Bad postures
Curved postures are the main reason behind the accumulation of fats in the body. Learn to sit straight from your childhood. Sitting with a back or curved spine can cause fat to build up around the stomach area.
8. Sedentary lifestyle
A sedentary lifestyle is one of the leading causes of abdominal fat. If you do not do any physical activity and spend most of your time sitting, watching TV, reading, etc., you have a sedentary lifestyle. Lack of regular exercise, or not exercising at all can lead to the accumulation of fat in the belly area. In other words, being a couch potato will make you fat.
If you overeat, it can also lead to weight gain and accumulation of belly fat. An excess of food along with a sedentary lifestyle can have significant consequences.
Stomach fat is, in fact, the colloquial term for abdominal fat. According to medical experts, abdominal fat can be potentially dangerous. An excess of fat in this area can cause a series of health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, decreased HDL or good cholesterol, and may even cause strokes or sleep apnea. You have to stop this problem before it’s too late.
Measurement of Abdominal Fat
Previously, belly fat was considered healthy and was perceived as a deposit of adipose tissue that could be used when a person needed extra energy. With the passage of time, this idea has changed. Researchers say that an excess of fat in the belly area triggers chronic cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, it is crucial to measure belly fat and check how much should be reduced. These are some parameters to measure your waist.
1. Body Mass Index
This is the relationship between weight in kilograms by height in meters. This parameter helps doctors judge whether the person will suffer heart disease or stroke. Those who have a Body Mass Index or BMI of 25-29.9 are considered overweight, and those with a BMI of 30 or higher are considered obese. However, this parameter is not always accurate when measuring abdominal fat. In fact, you can measure your abdominal fat with a tape measure in front of the mirror and set your own goals to reduce belly fat. Looking in the mirror and checking the measurements regularly will motivate you to lose the unhealthy fat that covers your abdomen.
2. Relationship from waist to hip
Have a calculator by hand. To accurately calculate the relationship between waist and hip, measure the narrowest point of the waist and the widest part of the hip. Divide the values that you get from the measurement, and you will have your proportion. The waist-hip ratio is a more accurate parameter to measure BMI. Those with a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.8 are susceptible to cardiovascular disease and stroke.
3. The circumference of the waist
As we mentioned earlier, measuring the waist with a tape measure is the simplest way to monitor abdominal fat. Measure your torso at the level of the navel. According to official guidelines, you have to measure your abdomen just above the hip bone or the iliac crest, just where it intersects with the line that descends from the middle of the right armpit. Breathe normally while measuring, and do not hold the tape measure too tight against the skin. Those with a waistline of more than 33 inches (84 cm) are at risk of developing chronic heart disease.
Abdominal fat is something that makes you look terrible, apart from being very unhealthy. A sedentary lifestyle and wrong choices of food are responsible for abdominal fat. However, do not worry because you can always do some resistance exercises to get that desired chocolate bar. In these pages, there are some expert tips to show you how to eliminate those extra kilos of your stomach.
Why should you choose
This supplement mimics the power of the phentermine drug whose main benefit is to suppress or reduce your appetite.
Why should you choose
Garcinia Cambogia Extra
It promotes weight loss, stimulates satiety and, in addition, stabilizes some biochemical parameters in blood such as glucose and cholesterol.
Why should you choose
It is a supplement that helps increase energy levels, burn stored fat, suppress appetite and block the production of fat.